The FreshDesk portal at http://publicsupport.nysvms.org/support/home is the primary NYSVMS access to both answering questions and the knowledge-base.
When they type in questions online the knowledgebase will deliver up suggested solutions.
The following procedure establishes how to build up the knowledge-base
1. When a member or the public answers a question for which there is an existing answer, the knowledge-base automatically finds this answer and you can send that off, with additional comments where required
2. If the question requires a completely new answer or a substantial edit to an existing answer go through these steps
- Write an answer to the question
- When you reply add firstname.lastname@example.org to the BCC list. This will automatically create a draft solution in the knowledgebase based on your ticket
- Either the responder or ED can edit the draft ticket
- The Executive Director will send solution drafts to legal for review, and move it to the correct folder
- Once reviewed, the Executive Director will publish the solution to the knowledgebase